Feb 28, 2009

It's an InconveinieNieEence to spell inconvenience



So this sign was on the credit card machine when we went to D.I.tonight. Emily, Elyse and I went to go see if they had roller skates so I could finally join their roller derby. I found the sign funny because 1) its D.I.-it's associated with uneducated homeless people 2) I though it was cute that whoever made the sign realized it looked wrong and tried to fix it by squeezing the "I" in, but they were still wrong, so some kind soul took the time to help them out 3)It made me ponder the length, spelling and meaning of the word inconvenience. It is such an inconvenient word like how many Es and Is? where does the E go? When do the Is stop? Why is the word inconvenient so "inconvienient"? I know I'm not the first to discover this phenomena but if I were someone who didn't know for sure how to spell inconvenient i would just put BROKEN, sorry. Or vice-versa but then I might also to be too dumb to rule that out. Obviously this sign is trying to be educated, professional, and polite but fails horribly because of that one little mistake.
It reminds me of this really good looking guy I saw walking down the sidewalk, he was so smooth. But he tripped on a pebble, edge of the sidewalk whatever and it defeated his whole image. But hey, I guess the lesson learned from all of this is small things can make a big difference and mistakes are humbling and also make life interesting...haha they just plain make you laugh out loud sometimes.

2 comments: